Need to attach a bonding lug to 4 points around the pool

May 2, 2013
I have a metal wall, metal post, metal top rim above ground pool and I was wanting to know if I need to attach a bonding lug to 4 points around the pool or just one point on the pool (possibly a post). There is not a lug spot on the pool seam. There are not bolts where the seam comes together, it is a rod that slips down over the joint to fasten the wall together. The pool is around 14 years old. I'm not sure if anyone bonded back then when the pool was built.

Technically you need to bond to the pool wall in 4 places around the pool. If the uprights are metal you can bolt a bonding lug to them at the bottom and that will suffice as the bond since they're attached to the wall. A lot of people believe that one attachment point is sufficient on a continuous steel walled pool. The reason for the 4 places is that if one gets compromised the others are still intact.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.