How I found the leak in my 24 ft. Intex !

KimR

May 6, 2013
Paintsville, KY
:party: I've had water running out from under my pool for a few days now. So yesterday I filled the water up around 6pm to the maximum water line(where the blue/white squares meet the gray color). Then 24 hours later around 6pm, looked at water level and had lost about an inch, not to mention all the water in my yard. So that night I went out to look at the steady stream coming from under the pool, and since there were some fine sand particles on the bottom next to where the leak was at, I had the idea to get the pool brush and slowly sweep the sand in the area where the water was leaking from and :whoot: , found my leak!!!!!!!!! Thank God, it had been driving me crazy. So for those of you that are considering the die test, maybe you could purposely put some clean sand(no fine rocks) in the area where you suspect the leak and have better luck than using dye. I would do this with a flashlight at night time as I did so that you don't have glare from the sun. Maybe have someone hold a flashlight for you so you'll have two free hands. I think when I was doing a shock on the pool and laid my ladder down in the pool, along with hoses,etc., my pool equipment must have punctured the liner. Could be my vacuum head...will be checking it today to make sure there aren't any sharp edges on it! So I hope this might help those who have unsuccessfully tried the dye test!
  • Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the patch to the bottom without sticking my whole body in 65 degree water????BRRRRRR!!!!!!
  • Will a patch hold if it's only put on the inside of the pool??? I'll patch the other side next spring since I just filled it a couple weeks ago.
Hope everyone's as lucky as I was!!!!!!!

Get in, hyperventilate a lil, get used to it, walk around with your mouth gaped open from the cold water... and go under.

Or... pay a kid! :mrgreen: I used to pay my son to get in the pool and remove the steps because that water was COLD!!! :shaking2:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.