Hard Plumb 24' round pool

May 14, 2013
We are wanting move our filter and pump away from the pool so that we can free up our yard. Does anyone have step by step directions on how to do this? Also we heard that you can bypass the skimmer to clean the pool has anyone done this before.

Thanks,

Tanya

Welcome to tfp, tpeters :wave:

It is hard to give step by step instructions without some more detail provided by you. A picture showing your pool and where you want to put the equipment would be helpful. Also, how many skimmers and returns you have...and if you have any other pool features.

tpeters said:
Also we heard that you can bypass the skimmer to clean the pool has anyone done this before.
Have you used a skimmer vacuum plate? On my pool I use a separate pipe with a nipple on it that is valved.

Hi Tanya.

I just did this with my new pool recently. My pool equipment pad is about 40 feet from the pool, and I buried all the water lines under ground about 12". I used hard PVC the whole length. In order to do this at this distance, I needed to upgrade to an in-ground pump (Hayward Superpump). The pump is working great at this distance and I like not having all the equipment out near the pool. The only difficult part was digging the trenches, and even though I rented a trench digger from Home Depot, the amount of stones and rocks in the yard made this a chore. But it was well worth it.

My New Pool

Dino

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.