Noobish/Dumb SWG Question - Spa/Pool combo question

Nov 30, 2012
Hi, I'm soon to restart SWG at my pool. I have a pool spa combo with an automated jandy system. I was wondering something though if I'm in the spa mode and only the return is powering the spa return am I getting a mega dose of CL?

Is the Jandy going to shut down SWG while in the Spa? Is this something I should look into or is the Jandy going to know to turn it off while in spa mode?

Sorry for noob question. You guys are the best ever. Seriously.

Yes, you get a lot of FC into the spa. But it takes a while to generate - it's not like someone just poured a gallon of bleach in the spa while you're in it. Considering it's safe to swim up to shock level, and your CYA should be up around 70, you'll be safe up to 28 ppm, and I doubt you'll ever get near that in the hour or so you're soaking.

If you have a Jandy automation system, it might well be turning down the SWG while in spa mode already. If the controller is setup to control both the pool/spa mode choice and also the SWG it will usually turn the SWG down automatically while in spa mode.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.