Updated 6/29 PHOTOS: New Pool & Ramada Phoenix

May 7, 2013
Just started the scary/exciting process. Last night we got home to the spray painted yard. Photos of the PB's rendering are below. (haven't figured out how to make them smaller yet). Landscaping is being redone too.

The details:
Pool & Spa:
35x18, 3'/4'/6'
10' Baja shelf w/bubbler fountain
Raised, stone backwall with 3 sheers
Swim-up bar
7x7 spa w/tile spillway into pool 7 therapy jets
natural gas master temp heater for spa
PebbleSheen finish in Ocean Blue
2 5G LogiColor Lights
A/A In-floor cleaning system w/variable speed pump
Small cell salt chlorine

Decking
Travertine coping in Tuscany, & decking in Noche mixed with Scabos

Ramada
20x20 ramada with stacked stone & beam posts
Built in BBQ with Weber Grill and Big Green Egg

Re: New Pool/Ramada Phoenix, AZ

Keep the pics coming! :cool:

Re: New Pool/Ramada Phoenix, AZ

Got home tonight and there was a "road" shoveled through our granite/gravel in front and back to make a path for the equipment. They said digging would start tomorrow or day after. Now we just have to erect a temp fence on our side yard and temp dog door for our poor hounds who are losing their grass for 2 months. Will post more photos when digging starts.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Pool/Ramada Phoenix, AZ - Updated 6/12 w/photos

Sorry for the delay in updates, work has gotten in the way of my internet fun :? . Our PB is Gary Dirks with Integrity Corp., he has been fantastic. He is doing everything - ramada, landscaping and pool. We interviewed multiple PB's, including some well known AZ valley companies that do pools only, and Gary was by far the easiest to work with and best on schedule and price. He came to us through a recommendation from a neighbor who is a real estate agent who has used him, and who's clients have used him. We have not been dissapointed.

Things have been chugging along very quickly... shotcrete is done, pool coping almost done, waterline tile is almost done, ramada is going up this week, landscaping is starting to go in, and the travertine decking is almost done. Here are some photos...
Shotcrete:

Waterline Tile:

Travertine & Coping:

Waterfall Wall:

Ramada Posts:

Re: Updated 6/17 PHOTOS: New Pool & Ramada Phoenix

Here is the latest progress... the ramada roof going up; the spa tile completed; the travertine almost done; and some trees finally going in!

We hit a little snag, in that we decided the pool was too deep. We ended up with about 25% shallow end and 75% "deep" end, and wanted the opposite. Mostly our fault for not considering how we would really use the pool - rookie mistake. We are having rebar, epoxy and more shotcrete applied this week. Should not affect the schedule overall, but will affect our pocketbooks. Other than that everything has been great. Landscaping going in today, other than grass. Swim-up bar being tiled, ramada roof likely being tiled this week, and walls being built - BBQ equip going in. Should be set to swim by July 3rd! :-D

I really like the water line tile. We originally chose a tile like that, but were told the shipment that came in had a dye problem and the colors were all off. So we had to choose a different tile.

Is your travertine all 6"x12" pavers in a herringbone pattern?

Also, are those sissoo trees that you put in? I ask because I had 6 of those in my backyard and had them all taken out for the pool. The roots on those trees are extremely invasive and tend to be shallow surface roots especially when planted near grass. I am still getting rid of the surface roots that keep springing up new growth. Roots that have been completely cut off from the main tree will try to grow into a new tree. It's crazy! Just a thought because when they took my trees out they told me they see damage from those kinds of trees all over the place. Eventually, the roots will end up coming up through the foundation in the house and lift entire walls. I didn't want any of that near my travertine decking or pool shell.

bacevedo - yes they are all 6x12 travertine pavers in a herringbone pattern. We mixed Noce and Scabos for the decking.

They are sissoo trees. We really debated that. We had 3 full grown sissoos in our yard before the pool build started, and I absolutely know what you mean about the roots doing surface damage to grass, because we had one that shot out into our grass a few feet and pushed up the cement border. One of the full grown sissoos will sit directly (within 10 feet) behind our spa now, and we had a real concern about that but our landscape guy said it would not be a problem. The three new sissoos we planted, we hope, are far enough away from the travertine that it shouldn't be a problem. They are not close to the pool. We are taking a chance on the grass/border again though. I got some advice on how to water them (deep) in order to discourage that, and hopefully it will work. The things we love about them - besides the fact that it is a beautiful tree - are that they grow so fast, don't "shed" much, and keep their leaves year-round.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.