Questions about BBB

Apr 21, 2013
I am in the shock process and will continue that until things get normal. Once things get normal, I am a bit confused on how much bleach to add. Do I have to test for FC everytime in order to use the pool calculator? It seems like the powder will run out very quickly. Is the standard kit adequate to test daily and just use the powder once a week or every other week?

Well, you may want to use the FAS-DPD every day to start with and get a feel for how much bleach the pool needs every day. Then you may be able to switch to the OTO test to confirm that nothing has gone terribly wrong and continue to add the amount that seems "normal". And of course verifying with the FAS-DPD every so often.

Make sure you use 10ml of water for testing the FC, each drop will equal .5 ppm FC. If you use 25ml of water, then each drop will measure only .2 ppm FC and you will use up all the reagents very quick.

Judging by orders for replacement chemistry, it seems like the R-0871 (drops) runs out before the powder (R-0870)

As noted above, most people start daily with the FAS/DPD to get an accurate judge of what their pool needs daily, and then simply use the OTO chlorine test to confirm that your chlorine is staying roughly the same level.

When you get in a routine, it is pretty simple to use the OTO daily or so and then test once weekly with the FAS/DPD to confirm you are dosing correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.