Shock Question

Cal-Hypo will raise the Calcium in the pool, not the CYA :shock:

You can use it to raise FC levels, if your pool can also handle the additional amount of calcium.

You can use the Pool Calculator to calculate the "Effects Of Adding Chemicals" in your pool.

Mr. Blue,

You should review the "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. It'll answer virtually every question you have asked and it's pretty short. Importantly, it'll help you with the correct levels of your chemistry.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So here are today's test numbers:

(My FAS-DPD test should be here tomorrow. This will complete my K-2006)

FC: 2
CC: < .5
TC: 2
pH: 7.4
TA: 70
CH: 160
CYA: < 30

I still have yet to add CYA...I have a few trichlor pucks floating around for the moment (ProTeam. 3” High Tech Tabs).
I added in 16 oz of 48% cal-hypo yesterday to boost my FC and calcium a bit (might as well use them, right?), but it didn't really make a difference.

I think I need to go ahead and add CYA; I'm just worried about over-doing it. How much do you guys think would be a "safe" amount to add?
Anything else I should do immediately?

The water is clear right now.

Previous results:

FC: 1.5
pH: 7.2
TA: 70
CYA: 0?? (The water never got cloudy)

Since we aren't sure what your CYA level is, just that is is low, I would start by adding enough CYA to raise the level 25 ppm (Pool Calculator will tell you how much that is). Wait a week, test CYA, and adjust from there to reach a final level of 50.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.