filter pressure back up after a day

Iciee

Jul 5, 2011
phoenix
Hi Guys,

I cleaned my filters yesterday and at start up psi was around 8-10. After a couple of hours I noticed the PSI was already up to 20. Now I do not know how old these filters are since they have been here since I bought the house (2 years this august). Second some of the bands on couple of the filters have broke so makes me think they are old and may need to be replaced. Anyone have any suggestions?

The water looks perfectly clear (just refilled it yesterday so wanted to have clean filters). I just got back from buying some conditioner so I could throw it in a sock but wondering if I should give them another cleaning before I add the cya

If you hang the sock in the pool in front of a return, you will not lose much CYA when cleaning the filter. You do not want to clean the filter if you just dumped the stuff into the skimmer for the filter to catch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.