Few questions on new build...

Jul 22, 2011
Working on gathering pics of the install, but don't have time at the moment. I do have a couple questions. Am I missing something, or maybe this is common knowledge?... but uhhhh... I can't seem to find anything in the manual or otherwise that says how high to fill this pool? Common sense tells me that the water line needs to be somewhere in the middle of the skimmer, but how high can I go before it's "too much" and how low is "too low"???

I acquired an Intermatic Timer for the pump in which I will run out to a plug. I bought a 13amp cord (figuring that the pump has an 11amp max rating), that I feel should be sufficient. Am I correct here?

I also have a stenner pump. Should I plug this into the same plug as the pump (so that I can adjust it to run for as long as the pump does), or can I even dial it down that low? OR... should it be on a separate plug and attached to it's own timer?

1380ken said:
What does run out to a plug mean? I would not use an extension cord with a 1.5 hp pump.

i was going to run an outlet out from the timer, so that the 2 plugs would be on that timer and whatever was plugged into that would be controlled by that timer... that not a good idea?

I believe the Dynamo (AGP pump) comes with a plug and it isn't a very high current motor (SPL rated) so I think that is ok.

Normally you would fill the pool to mid skimmer but if you refill manually, you can go a little higher. You want to leave enough room at the top of the skimmer to allow debris to float into the skimmer. So at least an inch or two.

The Stenner adjustment depends on the model # so I would check into that before deciding how to wire it.

mas985 said:
I believe the Dynamo (AGP pump) comes with a plug and it isn't a very high current motor (SPL rated) so I think that is ok.

Normally you would fill the pool to mid skimmer but if you refill manually, you can go a little higher. You want to leave enough room at the top of the skimmer to allow debris to float into the skimmer. So at least an inch or two.

The Stenner adjustment depends on the model # so I would check into that before deciding how to wire it.

I didn't get the package offered by PSW, so mine did not come with a cord on it... hence my reasoning for getting a 13amp cord...

CB said:
Yes wiring up an outlet is a good idea.Although you may want to run 12AWG wire,it's good for 20amps.

since it won't do any good to have a separate outlet for the pump AND the stenner together, i'm just going to hard wire the pump into the timer. the line itself to the timer is 10/2, i do have some extra 10 and 12... but it looks like i'm going to have to get a separate timer for the stenner, so this just seems like an easier solution to it all...

i'm also wondering if i should start off my shock process with the bags of shock instead of just straight bleach, so that i don't have to add as much CYA... anyone have an idea how much CYA is in a bag of shock?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.