New House , New Pool, Progress and Questions!

The best way to get the debris up is to vacuum it to filter and then backwash it out when it's time to backwash.

The TA test isn't affected by high FC but the pH is. Still I wouldn't worry about testing either until you're completely done shocking and have passed the OCLT.

I've vacuumed to the filter in the past but was told to waste was a better option.
Maybe, maybe not. I have a VERY large filter and a very precious source for water. Much better for me to filter into my big filter and then backwash.

I vacuum to waste at about 90 gpm and my well is capable of producing 2 gpm. If I vacuum for 15 minutes, that's about 12 hours of well production,

Each case is different.

duraleigh said:
I've vacuumed to the filter in the past but was told to waste was a better option.
Maybe, maybe not. I have a VERY large filter and a very precious source for water. Much better for me to filter into my big filter and then backwash.

I vacuum to waste at about 90 gpm and my well is capable of producing 2 gpm. If I vacuum for 15 minutes, that's about 12 hours of well production,

Each case is different.

Makes sense. I'm just filling from a outdoor hydrant, didn't think about other water source issues.

Also depending on the size of the leaves they may get trapped in the skimmer basket or the pump basket and not have to be backwashed at all anytime soon.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.