Renovating our fiberglassed, vinyl liner pool

May 13, 2013
Hi there,

Am new to the forum. Patched surfaces being pulled up by the Kreepy Crawly and a lead we found in the light niche are, unfortunately, driving us to renovate the pool. I have received bids from both a vendor who specializes in fiberglass resurfacing and a pool company. What surprised me is that the pool company's bid came in significantly lower AND they play to remove the old fiberglass, whereas the other vendor was just going to resurface as well as fix some issues.

I am inclined to go with the pool company...not because the bid was lower, but I like the idea of starting with an entirely fresh fiberglass pool. What are your thoughts?

I have another related question...the current pool has one water jet, one skimmer, and no drain at the bottom. It was recommended that we add water feed lines to help the water circulation. This makes sense to me. The question...how many? I was told that many of today's pools may have up to four. I'm thinking that adding two would make a significant difference. It is a dog leg shape. Again...your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Steve there are ALOT of factors that go into adding returns. How big is your pool? Is it a rectangle or a different shape? Personally I would recommend four but that is without any basic info. Do you know what brand fiberglass/vinyl hybrid. Where does the vinyl attach? We are in the the process of renovating an old Polynesian pool with Sure Fit coping from Latham Int. and it will be a nice reno.

First off, all this was done by the previous two owners. It is a dog leg 25,000 gallon pool. The original vinyl goes up and over the cinder block walls under the coping. Someone then fiberglassed over the vinyl.

Thanks, Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.