Joliet, Il.
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello All!

I'm changing my ABP over to flexible PVC. I've got 10K round 21' AGP with a Aqua-Rite Chlorine system, and a newly aquired (but used) AquaCal Heat Pump (our family just couldn't swing the cost of a new heater). We also have a 3-way Praher (unionized) 3way valve...but it is missing two of the (nut) connections, but has one complete side which has a threaded connection.

Anyways...this is what we have...but I need to get all the right connections, unions, etc for hookup. I've been going to some of the hardware stores near me and they don't seem to have all the connections that I need. I do not mind ordering online, but I would appreciate some help. When I'm in the store I can fit everything together to be sure all the parts are present and correct. But online, well, I won't be able to just make a run back to the hardware store to return the parts.

pool1_zps0b25d0ca.jpg

pool2_zps1cf32f7f.jpg

I appreciate any advice that you can give me in directing me towards a solution...thank you!

Dan

cramar said:
I ordered alot of PVC fittings from FlexPVC.com, they have everything.

Thanks for the link, cramer! That should help.

I think I may have to order the valve connections from Praher and find out if the Heat Pump connections can be fit with regular pvc connections.

Thanks
Dan

Dan,

I'm right up the road from you neighbor! I'm doing the same thing, going to replace the cheap flex hose with flex PVC in hopes of solving my ghostly suction side leaks - though I have just a filter and pump so not as many connections as you require. I've been poking around the site Cramer mentions (flexpvc.com) as well as flexiblepvc.net and actually just ordered today a 50' spool of the 1.5 inch flexible pvc from flexiblePVC.net. Price was around $40 less with S&H, though the products did seem slightly different (the more expensive one was called Ultra Flexible PVC which I don't think I need). Anyway, both places seem to have good selections, I'll post back once I receive and let you know my experience.

Pauls234 said:
Dan,

I'm right up the road from you neighbor! I'm doing the same thing, going to replace the cheap flex hose with flex PVC in hopes of solving my ghostly suction side leaks - though I have just a filter and pump so not as many connections as you require. I've been poking around the site Cramer mentions (flexpvc.com) as well as flexiblepvc.net and actually just ordered today a 50' spool of the 1.5 inch flexible pvc from flexiblePVC.net. Price was around $40 less with S&H, though the products did seem slightly different (the more expensive one was called Ultra Flexible PVC which I don't think I need). Anyway, both places seem to have good selections, I'll post back once I receive and let you know my experience.

Hello neighbor!

I ended up finding some 2" and 1 1/2" unions and other connections...but no luck fitting them on my other appliances (heater and 3way valve). I ended up ordering the unions for the heater from the manufacturer and I found replacement parts for my Praher 3way valve. It seems that after getting two nuts and two hose (insert) connections, I may as well just buy a new valve. I was hoping to just buy a regular union and fit it to the appliances...but no luck.

Thanks for the help

Just to follow up, I did order a 50 foot bundle of flex pvc pipe from flexiblepvc.com, great price and order was received in a timely manner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.