Need grill part, can anyone help?

Feb 8, 2008
Milford, CT
I have a 9+ yr old Kirkland Signature gas grill (sold through Costco, built by Virco which is now Nexgrill)

The grill still works great but the electrodes in the ignitors "slid out" of the ceramic insulators. Im not sure what held them in there from the factory but once they slid out they would no longer create a spark to the light the burner. We've been using Scripto lighters for the past 2 years or so. Ive fixed it by using some high temp RTV to hold them in the ceramic insulator, but I was wondering if I could locate the actual part to have some on hand.

You can see what Im talking about here: http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/se ... 095/123993 (I know its for a Ducane but thats the exact same setup my grill has)

I have yet to be able to find JUST the wire and bracket with insulator/electrode installed. I cant believe its not out there, its only one screw on the valve to remove and replace just the whole ignitor setup.

Has anyone seen them separate from the valve itself before?

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Thanks.

I wanted to avoid it if possible, since everything is so integrated with the gas valve (although I suppose I could just remove the flash bar and ignitor portion). Not sure how easy it would be align all new stuff, but its an option.

I have it up and running now using high temp RTV to hold them in place. If I get another few years out of it Ill be happy....at that point it will be a question of even keeping this grill or buying anew. Funny thing is 9 years ago it "pained" me to spend $800.00 on this grill, but by now we've gotten our moneys worth and then some, and to come even close to something with the same features (mainly available cooking space) would cost at least twice that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.