Intex SWG problem

gayler

Apr 4, 2009
Lakin Ks
I have a low salt warning. I put in the same amount of salt as I have in past years, the cell is clean. I even tried a different cell. What else could be causing the problem. I'd also like the option to run the pump longer while not running the SWG. What about running the cell on a second powersupply on it's own timer?

I have not tested the salt level. I just add the recomended mount of salt as I have in years past. I'll have to get something to test, what do you recomend? Also How can I run the pump longer without running the SWG? Keep in mind this an intex all in one settup. Thanks!

Taylor makes a very nice salt testing kit for around 15-20 bucks as I recall. You absolutely must test your level. Until you do, you won't have a certified answer. Aslo, how did you add the salt? Did you disolve it in a bucket first, or did you just dump it in the pool?

Your SWG is only "running" for as long as you program it to. Mine runs for about an hour a day. Read your instruction manual and you will see you need to keep the power on it 24/7 so it retains it's memory. So you program it to come on at 8am everyday, and every day at 8am it will come on, do it's thing, then turn off ALTHOUGH the led lights may be illuminated and I believe the "sleep" indicator light will be on. Run the pump as much as you want.....

Bob E.

Thanks for the advice on the salt test bob! I'd like to run the pump longer because where I live it is windy and dry, so I always get dirt and leaves in the pool.With the intex saltwater system it has the pump,filter and SWG all in one unit.You cannot run the pump at seperate times than tha SWG. I'de like to add a 12Vdc or 24VDC power supply on a timer so I can run the pump continuously and run the SWG only when needed.

gayler said:
I have a low salt warning. I put in the same amount of salt as I have in past years, the cell is clean. I even tried a different cell. What else could be causing the problem. I'd also like the option to run the pump longer while not running the SWG. What about running the cell on a second powersupply on it's own timer?

I would also recommend getting salt level test. If the salt level gets too high, you will burn out the transformer in the intex SWG and render it useless. Every time I have had the low salt warning on mine its been because the cell isn't clean. It may LOOK clean but its not. Fill it with vinegar and let it it for 24 hours. If that doesn't do it you might have harder mineral buildup and you'll need a product specifically designed to remove mineral deposits (get this at a hardware store.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.