I am considering adding the Intellichem

May 13, 2013
I have an Intellitouch and Screenlogic. I am considering adding the Intellichem and would greatly appreciate answers to a few questions:
Where does the Intellichem plumb in?
Will it work without an Intellichlor?
Would I be able to receive alerts when my pool chemistry is "off"?

The IntelliChem works with two small water taps, typically connected to either side of the heater (though there are other options).

Without an IntelliChlor, yes and no. It will still measure ORP levels, but it isn't setup to control any other kind of chlorine feed other than an IntelliChlor.

I don't believe that it has a notification feature, though I am not up on the most recent version of ScreenLogic.

JasonLion said:
Without an IntelliChlor, yes and no. It will still measure ORP levels, but it isn't setup to control any other kind of chlorine feed other than an IntelliChlor.

Huh? If you have the 2 pump and 2 tank set-up, it should be able to inject liquid chlorine. I am considering the same and this is my understanding though I've never used one yet.

AZHeat said:
Huh? If you have the 2 pump and 2 tank set-up, it should be able to inject liquid chlorine. I am considering the same and this is my understanding though I've never used one yet.

Correct, the 2 pump/tank system does acid and chlorine. I have it on my new pool. There are 3 taps with the 2 tank system. One for the flow cell and the injector lines for acid/chlorine. The flow cell inlet is after the filter but before the heater and the injection lines are after the heater. My injector lines are about 3' apart but I have the unit set to not dose at the same time anyway.

I can't comment on Screenlogic alerts as I'm using Autelis. Autelis doesn't have the support for Intellichem yet but I'm helping them collect data so they can. They will be able to do alerts once they add the support.

So far so good with the unit, I like it. Been up and going for about 3 weeks so still dialing it in but close. PH is nailed down and I'm almost there with ORP. The settings the auto setup wizard came up with weren't close (probably because I'm in AZ) so been tweaking them slowly.

The only downside so far is filling the tanks. A big cloud of fumes comes out when removing the lid so have to position yourself to not get blasted and let them dissipate before adding liquids. Also tends to splash a bit so figured out it's best to pour down the inside of tank wall vs. dumping in the middle. I'm also building a shade for the unit and flow cell from direct sun. The unit gets direct sun for about 4-6 hrs a day, but figure no direct sun would be good and the manual does say the flow cell should not be in direct sunlight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.