Vacuum for intex ultra

Apr 22, 2013
So i started vacuuming today and was struggling to make sure i had it right. I made sure i primed the hose and tried it multiple times with the same results. After a second or two the water flow would decrease, but water was still coming into the pump just not the normal rate that it would without the vacuum hooked up. The PSI would drop, but the vacuum would still work and suck debris up. Would my pump be ok like this or is this normal when vacuuming? scared to burn up my pump....
-here is a pic of my vacuum. it seems to work well

(Intex ultra 20x52, intex 1600 sand pump, intex SWG, intex skimmer)

Attachments

• vacuum.JPG
    vacuum.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 161
thedarktitan said:
So as long as some water is going in the pump I'm ok, even if the PSI drops?
If the input is restricted the psi will drop. However you do not want it to be so restricted that you start having repeated surging at the pump. Is your pump drawing in air (lots of air showing up in pump basket) when the vacuum is attached?

Check your plunger valve for the pressure release valve. If the plunger valve is one of the newer ones, it has a little vertical screw cap between the pool wall and the plunger. That little cap has a plastic vent that lets in air when a blockage is detected, therefore reducing pressure. Intex included two clear plastic caps that fit on top of the little pressure release cap. I had the same problem till I figured out what those little caps were for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.