Average Price for Liquid Chlorine ?

For reference, I just sent this to another pool owner here in Northern NJ:

I just went to Home Depot and saw the Clorox concentrate (8.75%?) at $4.27 for what looked to be a gallon. Sadly the bottle holds 3.78 quarts....you don't even get a gallon. No thanks.

So far I'm finding Pelican Pool @ $11 for a 2.5 gallon (12.5%) carboy, with a one time deposit. This is the closest vendor I could identify so far. A bit farther for me is Town & Country Pool in Phillipsburg. They sell a 5 gallon carboy for $18 plus $7 deposit. Wish they were closer as this is the size container I prefer.

Other vendors wont sell retail. I going to see what the deal is through a friend who can use his business to accommodate.

So, once the deposit is made for the carboy container the best price I found is $3.60 per gallon @ 12.75%.

Last year I purchased Walmart brand 8.75% unscented bleach for $3.75 per gallon. It goes on sale periodically as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Queen creek arizona out Walmart sells two gallons of 10% for $6.47 find only need. 1-4 a bottle pee night to keep my pool at four to five. Price is $6.47 for two gallons. Can not find cha is tabs choices at Walmart of Leslie's is granular or liquid conditioner. Opted for liquid because did t want the granular to lay at bottoms of pool ruining liner. My pool holds 14 gallons its 22 ft round. I will be looking for a menards in my area baby's a great deal.

For reference, I just sent this to another pool owner here in Northern NJ:

I just went to Home Depot and saw the Clorox concentrate (8.75%?) at $4.27 for what looked to be a gallon. Sadly the bottle holds 3.78 quarts....you don't even get a gallon. No thanks.

So far I'm finding Pelican Pool @ $11 for a 2.5 gallon (12.5%) carboy, with a one time deposit. This is the closest vendor I could identify so far. A bit farther for me is Town & Country Pool in Phillipsburg. They sell a 5 gallon carboy for $18 plus $7 deposit. Wish they were closer as this is the size container I prefer.

Other vendors wont sell retail. I going to see what the deal is through a friend who can use his business to accommodate.

So, once the deposit is made for the carboy container the best price I found is $3.60 per gallon @ 12.75%.

Last year I purchased Walmart brand 8.75% unscented bleach for $3.75 per gallon. It goes on sale periodically as well.

Check out Sahara Pools on US 22 West in Lebanon, about 7 minutes west of Pelican. They had the 5 gallon carboys for $19 last year--I haven't bought yet this year. They seem to turn it over reasonably quickly, too. They have been my supplier since Pelican went to 2.5 gal only.

Check out Sahara Pools on US 22 West in Lebanon, about 7 minutes west of Pelican. They had the 5 gallon carboys for $19 last year--I haven't bought yet this year. They seem to turn it over reasonably quickly, too. They have been my supplier since Pelican went to 2.5 gal only.

Ok, Sahara pool is $19.00 per 5 gallon carboy. Initial deposit is $8.

After one time fee that works out to $3.80 per gallon.

Just looked at what looks to be a "gallon" bleach container from Walmart. Same as Home Depot with only 3.78 quarts of product.

I wonder how many brands are doing this. It definitely adds to the cost.

Are you sure it's not 3.78 liters ? A US gallon / 4 US quarts is 3.78 liters, or 3.33 imperial quarts, if you really want to get confusing.

EDIT -- that reminded me to update my signature and specify US gallons ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.