Borax affect SWG readings?

Jul 29, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last year we decided to get a Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG system to add to our Aqualink RS system. We bought it used and had issues with it from day one. It turned out to be the flow/salt sensor that was causing our problems. I replaced it last week and my salt reading are showing 4500-4600(4.5-4.6) on the Aquapure panel even though I know I only put enough salt in to be between 3200-3500. The salt was reading correctly with the old sensor, but I suspect that it is reading incorrectly with the new sensor because of adding Borax this spring. Is this possible for the Borax to affect the salt readings, or did I get a bad sensor?

Dang, I guess I guess I need to get my salt level tested. Hopefully the seller will warranty the sensor if it is in fact bad. I had to cut and splice the wires to extend them so I am not sure if they will warranty that or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.