Confirm those goal numbers for balancing our salt pool?

cflannagan

Gold Supporter
Apr 2, 2011
Palm Harbor, Florida
Our pool is newly converted to salt-based pool (from chlorine-based). I've updated my profile signature (also replaced pump with new one).

So I kinda have to re-learn the new goal numbers for our salt-based pool (if any should differ).

Can someone please confirm that I have those goal numbers correct so I can make notes? (and yes I do have TFT-100 kit).

Might be relevant to mention that we also recently have entire pool resurfaced with Peeble Tec finish, as well as new tiles.

Format: Goal Reading (Current Reading)
CYA: 70 (currently: 0)
pH: 7.5 (currently 8.2+)
CH: 300 (currently: unknown, haven't took recent test)
Salt: 3400 (currently: 3000)
TA: 70 (currently: 145)

If I have those correct, my plan of attack:

Put in more muriatic acid to bring pH down and aerate, to try to bring TA down.
Put in one more bag of salt (to bring it slightly above levels recommended by manufacturers)
Measure CH and act accordingly (I need confirmation that I should be using "plaster" recommended levels for a PeebleTec finish?
Remeasure everything after 24 hours and act accordingly

Sounds like a great plan. Your CH will likely rise a bit because of the new tile and plaster. Don't be in a hurry to raise it unless it's excessively low...say 150 or less.

Just so everyone is on the same page, a salt pool is a chlorine pool. You simply supply your chlorine by using salt rather than pouring it in or using pucks or powder

For PH, you will want to lower the PH to 7.2 each time it gets up to 7.8 until the TA comes down to around 60 to 70. Once the TA has come down switch to lowering PH to 7.5 each time it gets up to 7.8.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.