Medium Grade Vermiculite?

strmh

May 5, 2013
Hello all,

New to the fourm and currently getting my head around my DIY IG pool......(pool should arrive this week)

Looking for some advice on the mix for the bottom. First of all, is the vermiculite for pools the same vermiculite used in gardening?

And, I found a local source for vermiculite, but it's a medium grade versus fine. Will a medium grade work?

Thanks for the input,

TH

strmh said:
Hello all,

New to the fourm and currently getting my head around my DIY IG pool......(pool should arrive this week)

Looking for some advice on the mix for the bottom. First of all, is the vermiculite for pools the same vermiculite used in gardening?

And, I found a local source for vermiculite, but it's a medium grade versus fine. Will a medium grade work?

Thanks for the input,

TH

Medium grade vermiculite is what you want. Yes, the vermiculite for gardens is the same as is used for pool bottoms. You mix a bag of the vermiculite, half bag of portland cement and ~10-12 gallons of water for one batch (note, these instructions are estimates from advice ive seen here).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.