Wire a GE 15163 Timer

Sep 13, 2011
Omaha, NE
I have read the directions for the timer, thought I had it hooked up correctly, but obviously I don't. I am hoping someone has some insight on this. The terminals I have are L 1 X 2. So far, I have wires the black from the house to "L". "L & 1" are bridged together, but can be removed ( I believe for a 240v install, mine is 110v). Then I hooked both the whites from the house and the pump to "X". And finally, the black from the pump to "2". As it is now, the pump works great. It is a 2-stage and work great. NOw my problem is, I went to install the GFCI breaker, 20A, at the panel, and as soon as I turn it on, the GFCI trips. If I did disconnect the white wire on the GFCI breaker, it runs and does not trip, of course meaning it is wired wrong. I have tried googleing this answer, but am having difficulty. I have a strong suspicion it has something to do with the white wires. Do they just get connected together in the timer with a wire nut? I am at a loss.......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.