high phosphate readings

garyg

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 15, 2008
phx
The local pool store test has shown that my water has a reading of 2500ppm of phosphates.. in reading this forum, I understand that it is nothing to get alarmed about and not to buy some random chemical from the pool store, but I do notice I get algae spots, if my chlorine level is a little on the low side.. I did recently add a SWG to have more consistent chlroine levels.. my question is, " would it be helpful to add some poly 60 algaecide as insurance to my water?"
The source of the phosphates is a large tree with lots of trash in the spring.
my most recent readings are: SALT: 4000ppm and matchs recommendation from SWG manufacurer

FC 4.0,PH 7.6, TA 80, CH 330, CYA 60... I am adding CYA to raise to around 75

What would be the best way to lower my CH?

Thanks,

gary

There is no need for algaecide. The SWG shouldn't have any trouble holding the appropriate FC level once you get the percentage adjusted.

To lower CH you need to replace water. There probably isn't any point in doing that till your CH level gets higher. But do keep an eye on your PH and make sure it doesn't get too high.

If you mean the TF Test Kit site, keep in mind that they are not actually associated with TFP, aside from the similar name and the fact that we like them so much, and so have a different name/password system than the forum uses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.