Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: high phosphate readings

1. Back To Top    #1

high phosphate readings

The local pool store test has shown that my water has a reading of 2500ppm of phosphates.. in reading this forum, I understand that it is nothing to get alarmed about and not to buy some random chemical from the pool store, but I do notice I get algae spots, if my chlorine level is a little on the low side.. I did recently add a SWG to have more consistent chlroine levels.. my question is, " would it be helpful to add some poly 60 algaecide as insurance to my water?"
    The source of the phosphates is a large tree with lots of trash in the spring.
    my most recent readings are: SALT: 4000ppm and matchs recommendation from SWG manufacurer

FC 4.0,PH 7.6, TA 80, CH 330, CYA 60... I am adding CYA to raise to around 75

What would be the best way to lower my CH?

Thanks,

gary
    16,500 gal 3m quartz plaster, infloor cleaning system, 1 hp hayward, northstar pump for cleaning system and 1 hp hayward, northstar pump for water feature. 700 sq. ft. cart. filter with 150 gal per min. flow rate. Hayward mdl. C7020STA

2. Back To Top    #2
    There is no need for algaecide. The SWG shouldn't have any trouble holding the appropriate FC level once you get the percentage adjusted.

To lower CH you need to replace water. There probably isn't any point in doing that till your CH level gets higher. But do keep an eye on your PH and make sure it doesn't get too high.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

tfp test kit site

I want to order some stuff off the rfp test kit site, but it wouldn't recognize my email or password?

gary
    16,500 gal 3m quartz plaster, infloor cleaning system, 1 hp hayward, northstar pump for cleaning system and 1 hp hayward, northstar pump for water feature. 700 sq. ft. cart. filter with 150 gal per min. flow rate. Hayward mdl. C7020STA

4. Back To Top    #4
    If you mean the TF Test Kit site, keep in mind that they are not actually associated with TFP, aside from the similar name and the fact that we like them so much, and so have a different name/password system than the forum uses.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School