Best rock for salt water pool waterfall

May 2, 2013
Dallas area
Hello - I have read a lot about swg and stone issues. I am in dallas and putting in a pool soon. I see a lot written about coping but not about waterfalls. What Rock would you recommend. I know the following for coping:
Get and keep the ph correct
Keep salt at correct level
Use a harder stone like tenn or pa flagstone
Seal the stone

I want a salt pool because my daughter gets exema in public pools but not my neighbors salt pool.

I have also read uv and ozone is not that great

Also, i saw a post that indicated someone had a salt generator to create chlorine but it sounded like the salt was contained in a separate area not the pool itself - what would this be?

Any advise is appreciated

Anthony

Hello - I had 4 pool builders tell me to go with Ozone. One said if I did not like it he would replace it with salt for free. He said he has made that offer before and no one ha take him up on it. I get the impression that some of them have tunnel vision - they keep it simple for themselves. For example, 2 have quit offering plaster and go with a min of quartz because of streaking and that way the get no complaints. I think the same is happening with ozone. No complaints, but does it do much?

"Also, i saw a post that indicated someone had a salt generator to create chlorine but it sounded like the salt was contained in a separate area not the pool itself - what would this be?"

I remember, many years ago, having a neighbor with a salt water chlorine generator that used an offline tank to generate the chlorine and meter it into the return line. The long term issue with this system was the constant replacement of anode plates, a caustic sludge that accumulated, replacement of salt, and eventual salt build up in the pool water, which eventually had to be managed.

I do not remember the company lasting very long, and within the next few years, the SWGs we currently use where in the market, with people putting the salt directly into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.