Digital pool pilot display not working

May 11, 2013
I have a digital pool pilot. I turned on the power today. The board says to set day and time. I can not get the menu or any buttons to respond. All wires are connected correctly and fuses are fine. I searched this forum to see if anyone else has had this problem, but did not see anything. Any ideas?

Mine is stuck on Set time of Day. It did that before and I took the board out and pressed the buttons several times to unstick any that could be and it worked after that. This time though I took it apart 2x and pushed buttons and blew canned air in the buttons and I'm still stuck on Set time of Day. That is exactly what I was doing when they stuck, I was programming the time and pool speeds.
I noticed a button battery on the computer board I'm assuming its for memory when the unit is off? So someone help!
I finally got my pool clean and now its stuck on low speed pump, we've been having lots of rain so I wanted to program the high speed to come on more often and do a boost. I can't do anything!

for the "stuck" buttons, please remove the circuit board off the cover and inspect the plastic posts that the board attaches to. If these are broken or cracked, its possible for the board to be pushing away as you try to press the buttons through the cover.
While the board is removed from the cover, as nbws6 did, fiddle with the buttons to clear any debris that may be preventing the button from making good contact.

The battery is only there to keep the time when the unit is powered down. When the unit is receiving power, the timer should work properly and should not affect anything else.

When my previous battery failed, the unit would alternate power ups. Half the time it would give a battery dead error and refuse to continue and half the time it would work normally. So try cycling power to the unit and see if it comes up.

I just got done putting it back together. The plastic stands are fine, not broken or cracked. I did press buttons again multiple times but also carefully removed the button battery, kept it out for about a minute. Started it up and its fixed. Not sure if doing the button pushing for the 3rd time or removing the battery fixed it but I'm happy! I programmed the high/low pump with a grin on my face. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.