Gas boiler not running properly

May 11, 2013
I have recently bought a house with a pool, so have no experience with the equiptment. However, I got the pool professionally opened and the gas (propane bottle)boiler serviced. However, I have realised that although the system is constantly running, the boiler seems to be cutting out after an hour or so. Is there anything simple I may be missing or anything wrong with the boiler- the boiler is a pentair minimax 150.

Replacing gas heater with Heat Pump in the Uk

I am currently experiencing problems with the gas boiler heating my pool. I have been told that heater pumps are more efficient and things are going that way. However as they need to be outside I assume the installation is different to a gas boiler. Therefore I wondered if anyone had switched from one to the other, and if so how much the installation costed. I live on the south east in the Uk of that is a factor.

A heat pump needs high current electrical service, while a gas heater needs a gas line. Switching is usually fairly expensive because you need to run the new wire/pipe (depending on which you are switching from/to). The exact costs vary wildly depending on the distance the lines need to be run and what is in the way of a straight line connection.

Heat pumps are generally more efficient but really only work out well if you are keeping the pool heated constantly. For "event" heating, like heating for an especially nice spring/fall weekend, a gas heater is generally a better choice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.