LifeTime Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
Denver, CO
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Background - My wife and I bought a "new" house (circa 1966) with a 10-15 year old pool that had been on a constant puck diet. The CYA was north of 180, CH was well over 1000 and the rest was just jacked.

Fast forward a month (been considering a drain and fill - waiting for a weekend that wasnt precluded by a massive rainstorm). I've been keeping my eye on the chlorine and testing CYA after each rainstorm and what do you know: This morning I'm at a CYA of 45, PH 7.4, FC of 4, CH of 620 (still high but ...), TA of 120 and the pool is BEAUTIFUL.

Thanks guys.

Pictures to follow.

Isn't free, Calcium-free, water great?
cloud9.gif

You coulda really dropped that CH if you had routed a downspout into the pool. Then you get whatever hits that area of the roof. I use the spa as a settling tank for all the fine silt. Next time

file.php

Richard320 said:
Isn't free, Calcium-free, water great?
cloud9.gif

You coulda really dropped that CH if you had routed a downspout into the pool. Then you get whatever hits that area of the roof. I use the spa as a settling tank for all the fine silt. Next time

file.php

Totally wanted to do that ... but the gutters on the house were rotted so we ripped them down with the roof replacement. They are on the list when the budget allows.

My fun budget item for the weekend .... PE653RC - it solves the timer / 2 speed issues and gives me some growing room for automating valves. :mrgreen:

again ... YOU GUYS ROCK!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.