Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquid Stabilizer for New Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquid Stabilizer for New Pool

Hopefully we will have water by next week....fingers crossed!!

Can someone tell me if the liquid stabilizer works as well as the granules? Can someone tell me how much I should add to get my CYA numbers at an appropriate level. I know the bottle says 1 bottle per 10k gallons of water, but I don't know how much that will typically raise the CYA number.

What damage can be done to a liner when granules fall to the bottom of the pool? We will have a very dark liner. It is called tye-dye which is a black and blue pattern.

Our pool will be 18x36 grecian lazy-l with a 3'6" shallow and a 7" deep end.

Thank you.
    18x36 IG Vinyl Grecian Lazy L (20k gallons) ~ Whisperflo DS 2.0HP pump ~ QuadDE100 filter ~ Autopilot SWG DIG-60 ~ (7) 4x16 solar panels

2. Back To Top    #2
    The liquid costs several times as much as the solid so I have never tried it and don't know the concentration.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I just added CYA granules yesterday, directly into the deep end, just before I read the part of the instructions that said to add it slowly into the skimmer. I guess when you put it in the skimmer it gets stuck in the filter until disolved. I realized my mistake and vacuumed it up.

The pool sounds great!
    14'x28' in ground with vinyl liner and a new sand filter (2015).

4. Back To Top    #4
    I just read that one gallon increases the CYA levels 40ppm/10k gallons. Our pool will be approx 20k gallons, and we get direct southwest sun all day and will have a SWG, so therefore I guess I should be keeping our CYA between 60-80ppm.

I guess I will need to order 8 bottles to have for the season...YIKES!!!!

http://naturalchemistry.com/products/show/17
    18x36 IG Vinyl Grecian Lazy L (20k gallons) ~ Whisperflo DS 2.0HP pump ~ QuadDE100 filter ~ Autopilot SWG DIG-60 ~ (7) 4x16 solar panels