My crystal clear pool!

Apr 16, 2013
Eatonton Georgia
Been a bit of a rough go at times since I started opening the pool this year. It had not been covered and was green swamp. Moreover, nothing I tried that had worked in the past was working now. I had bought an Intex SWG hoping that would help but no way it was going to do it alone. After a partial water change and a lot of bleach, I got the pool to start clearing. Then I did a little work with borax for the PH and played with the stabilizer level a bit ( it was way low after the water change). The final step, even though it's frowned on around here was the addition of a small dose of water clarifier. The result is pictured below. Got a little more work to do with the vacuum but I'm pretty happy right now. Chlorine, PH and TA levels are stable and the water is as clear as I can remember.
Regards,
Michael

Nice!!! We're also in GA.....disappointing temperatures so far!
Normally by now, the pool's 85-90.....right now, it's a pathetic 78....
Ok when the family comes to visit from England.....but far too cold for us oldies.....we're fair-weather swimmers! :snorkle:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.