Planning a Vacation

We are leaving for vacation soon and I was wondering about this as well. I usually leave our 2 spd pump running on low 24/7 also. I'm thinking though I will turn it off because the skimmer basket really needs to be emptied daily.

My questions are this.... is it okay to leave the pump off for 6 day? We will leave on a monday morning and back the following saturday evening.

Also, I can put CL in monday morning before we leave, so it will be without any additions until sat. That would be 5 days later. If so, how much?

My CYA is around 25 and right now I typically add about 6-8 cups a day or 14 cups every other day to try to keep my free chlorine around 4.

How much do I need to add before we leave?? (okay to add if I'm not running the pump the whole time) Also, had been considering adding some tri-chlor pucks to get my CYA up anyway (to around 35) so maybe this is the time to do it? If so, how many do you think I should add for the 5 days -don't really want my CYA much more than it is as I like keeping a low CL level.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.