Infinity Pool Water Sag

Jul 13, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Good afternoon - I have an infinity pool in my backyard and the infinity illusion, if you will, is lost when the edge pump is not running. Is that normal? Meaning, the water level seems to sag/drop once the edge pump is turned off (meaning you need the edge pump on for the infinity effect). Is that normal, or is there an atypical 'water sag' of some kind going on? Just curious. Thanks!

I have no direct knowledge of edge pools, but I would think that small waves will cause the water to splash over the edge and without the edge pump refilling/replaicng, then you would get a little lower water level. Evaporation would impact that as well I would think. How much lower is it?

linen said:
I have no direct knowledge of edge pools, but I would think that small waves will cause the water to splash over the edge and without the edge pump refilling/replaicng, then you would get a little lower water level. Evaporation would impact that as well I would think. How much lower is it?
Ours is an infinity pool, and yes, as soon as people start splashing about unless the pump is on the water level drops. Evaporation also takes its toll.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.