OTO Chlorine test

AnneH

May 10, 2013
In looking at the two recommended test kits (TF-100 and K-2006), the K-2006 does not have the OTO chlorine test. What do you need the OTO test (total chlorine?) for, if you can test the FC and CC? Thanks for the info...

AnneH said:
In looking at the two recommended test kits (TF-100 and K-2006), the K-2006 does not have the OTO chlorine test. What do you need the OTO test (total chlorine?) for, if you can test the FC and CC? Thanks for the info...
The OTO test also never bleaches out. If FC is above the test range, it goes through shades of orange and brown. The DPD test can bleach out at super high FC and mislead you. You don't really need either of them with the FAS-DPD test, but since they don't make a pH test block without FC on the other side, you might as well have the better one.

Richard320 said:
AnneH said:
The OTO test also never bleaches out. If FC is above the test range, it goes through shades of orange and brown. The DPD test can bleach out at super high FC and mislead you. You don't really need either of them with the FAS-DPD test, but since they don't make a pH test block without FC on the other side, you might as well have the better one.

May I have the pleasure of introducing you to Taylor Part # 9058?:

9058_500x375.jpg

I don't have any OTO equipment any more and I don't miss it. (I used to use it for decades when it was the only test available.) I still have the DPD stuff that came with my original K-2000 Taylor (long since upgraded to a hybrid K-2006 with TFT CYA test), and I never use that either. FAS-DPD is all I need.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.