Pool renderings

Apr 14, 2013
Long Island, NY
Received these from the builder we are going to go with. Still not too late to change the design though so we are open to suggestions.

40x20
Hayward Ecostar
Hayward Aquarite
Hayward Sharkv
Hayward Progrid DE48
Raypac Heat pump R8350ti
2" PVC
vinyl over steps
bench
8' deep end
3 returns minimum

Haven't picked out pavers yet. Welcome to ideas/pictures on these as well. Will either go with Techo Bloc or Cambridge.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 211
The Ecostar is likely overkill since I do not see anything the would require varying amounts of water flow (waterfeatures, spas, etc).

How much is your electricity? Might save a good bit of money just going with a smaller 2-speed pump.

Any idea of the pool's volume? Going with the 60 sqft DE might be a good idea as well and not likely much more $.

Are all skimmers and drains plumbed separately to the equipment pad? 3 skimmers seems kind of excessive ... you may need to run a large pump just to keep them all working well.

jblizzle said:
The Ecostar is likely overkill since I do not see anything the would require varying amounts of water flow (waterfeatures, spas, etc).

How much is your electricity? Might save a good bit of money just going with a smaller 2-speed pump.

Any idea of the pool's volume? Going with the 60 sqft DE might be a good idea as well and not likely much more $.

Are all skimmers and drains plumbed separately to the equipment pad? 3 skimmers seems kind of excessive ... you may need to run a large pump just to keep them all working well.
You are correct, there are no other water features. The pump is what the builder supplies. Electric rates on Long Island are some of the highest in the country, but if you buy certain VSP's you get a $400 rebate from the power company.

No clue what the volume would be. Would it be advantageous to go with the 60?

Skimmers and drains are plumbed separately.

how deep does the pool get?

I would estimate you are around 22k gallons. For that size pool, the minimum DE filter we would recommend is 60 sqft. This will reduce how often you have to clean the filter. But, for a shorter season, you might be fine with the smaller filter, just have to clean more often ... There should be < $75 difference between the 2 and the larger one should make life easier.

With a $400 rebate, that makes the choice of a VS pump much more worthwhile ... we get a whopping $0 rebate where I am.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
jbliz beat me...

Guessing here, but I think your pool is about 24000 gallons. As jbliz said, I would go with a larger DE filter, we would recommend a minimum of 68 sq. ft. DE filter for that volume pool.

The superpump vs or the maxflo vs will likely work if you do not have high volume water features.

linen said:
The superpump vs or the maxflo vs will likely work if you do not have high volume water features.

True. But, wonder if they are too new to be recognized for a rebate? Or maybe the rebate is much less $ to not make it worth it initially.

The Ecostar is a HUGE pump on high speed and you have no need to ever be running that high. They are also expensive. As linen mentioned, there are a couple much smaller VS pumps that are now available that would be cheaper, but not sure if the rebate changes that story.

Just checked, rebate applies to all of the following Hayward pumps:

Variable Speed Hayward 2.00 TriStar Energy Solution SP322063EEV Select either variable speed drive: SP3220VSC (Stand-Alone) or SP3220VSCAQL (for use with Hayward Pro Logic controller).
Variable Speed Hayward 2.00 EcoStar SP3400VSP
Variable Speed Hayward 1.50 Super Pump VS SP2600VSP
Variable Speed Hayward 1.50 Max-Flo VS SP2300VSP
Variable Speed Hayward 2.00 EcoStar w/ SVRS SP3400VSPVR

Have you seen the treadtex liner material? It has just the slightest texture to it vs. regular liner surface BUT it makes all the difference in the slipperiness of the steps. IF i could do my liner over i would get it ALL made out of tread-tex and have no border, we slip n slide all over the shallow end trying to play volleyball.

We chose the tread-tex pattern we liked, and that determined what choices we had for the rest of the liner to get them to match. We went with Blue Granite, it does not look like what it does in the picture below, it looks just like the blue granite liner material.

http://stcyrpoolandspa.com/vinyl-liners/options/ bottom of that page are two examples
http://elite.surfthepool.com/wp-content ... Liners.pdf page 31 shows more options in tread-tex.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.