which Leslie test kit?

hd1080

May 1, 2013
Hello , new to forum and gonna try the BBB method.. The leslie stores near me do not have the 74.99 kit that your pool school article linked to. The can order it, but they do have the 61.99 one in stock. It does say it is a DPD complete kit and test for all the same things but it does not say FAS? The lady on the phone says it is the same but smaller bottles. On thier website it is the third over. Would like to buy this on the way home. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to taking off the cover this weekend.

Kenny

No, that isn't the same thing and it's not what you want. I've never heard of a Leslie's store having the FAS-DPD kit in stock.

Save yourself the headaches and order the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. It's better than anything Leslie's handles.

It's not the same, and they will insist it is. Or admit it's not the same, but try to convince you that you don't need that fancy one.

If you check the chart, you'll see the TF100 gives you more reagents than the K-2006, also known as Leslies 81329.

How does your pool look? Is it green? Because if it is, you'll have a long, ugly fight to get it clear without the right chlorine test.

Thanks, I figured as much. I will order the kit online. I figured I would post my signature with my test results. I closed my pool for the first time last year green. Dark green. Could not see the bottom or walls. I put in the winterizer kit in it like usual do and I peeked under the cover yesterday and to my surprise, I can see the bottom and some green on the bottom. It looked clear. Kinda pointless for me to open it this weekend without the kit right? Or can I get in there and atleast vacum up the I guess algea that has settled. I do have cartridge filter that is on its last leg, but I was thinking I could use that one to clean up the stuff on the bottom and buy a new one when the pool is good to go. Thanks for the quick response and saving me the money of the kit I was going to buy.

Consider the XL option with the TF100 diff you have a swamp to fight. Also the Speedstir makes the testing easier and more accurate.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

hd1080 said:
Thanks, I figured as much. I will order the kit online. I figured I would post my signature with my test results. I closed my pool for the first time last year green. Dark green. Could not see the bottom or walls. I put in the winterizer kit in it like usual do and I peeked under the cover yesterday and to my surprise, I can see the bottom and some green on the bottom. It looked clear. Kinda pointless for me to open it this weekend without the kit right? Or can I get in there and atleast vacum up the I guess algea that has settled. I do have cartridge filter that is on its last leg, but I was thinking I could use that one to clean up the stuff on the bottom and buy a new one when the pool is good to go. Thanks for the quick response and saving me the money of the kit I was going to buy.
I'd call that a capital idea! :goodjob:

Get as much sludge and debris out of the pool as you can. It reduces the amount of bleach you'll need and speeds the whole process. And if you're planning on replacing the cartridge anyway, load it up!

Remember, when you vacuum, sneak up on stuff. Let the vacuum head draw the stuff in ahead of itself, don't push too fast and start stirring things up.

tftestkits ships really fast. So if you order it now, it will probably be on the truck this afternoon. You could quite possibly have it in hand by the time the sludge is gone from the bottom of the pool.

Last thing for today LOL... Is there anything I can add in the pool ahead of time or start buying stuff ahead of time while waiting for the kit,, or just clean it up and let the filter run?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.