SWG Replacement - Any suggestion?

Jul 25, 2010
Hi friends,

My Resillience/Aquacomfort SWG seems to be that it died after 3 years of work. (Aquacomfort just sent me a new cell last month) but my new problem is with the control box now...

They now claim that they are not manufacturing those control boxes any more and I have just hated their customer support. Therefore I am now seeking for a SWG alternative/ different manufacturer... I have a 15k gunite pool and since I live in PR I have my pool open all year long. I run a 2 speed pump for 8 hours daily and my current chlorinator does not has a problem with running on low.

Any suggestions?

I started to do some shopping and read that the HAYWARD AQUATROL HP has lots of positive feedback; (Even tough it is desiged for Above Ground pools)...

I just want to make a good decisions before making the purchase;

thanks in advance!

If you want to look at Hayward, then get the larger Aquarite. Or check out Compupool which have gotten good reviews at a lower price.

If is recommended to get a SWG cell that is sized for 1.5-3X the size of the pool, so I would look for something at least in the 25k size.

Well, not necessarily "better".

Generally the cell rating is based on if the cell and pump ran 24/7 ... but we do not want to run the pumps anywhere near that long usually. So with a larger rated cell, we can run the pump for shorter periods of time and have the cells running at lower settings to produce the same amount of FC.

Also, the cells generally have a life for running #,000 hours, well the fewer "on" hours each day, the longer the cell should last assuming you keep the chemistry correct. The larger systems and cells cost more $ upfront, but the belief is that it should last longer enough to make it worth the extra money.

I would certainly consider a 40k cell for a 15k pool. I will have a 40k cell on my 18k pool.

One other question; does the temperature affects the cell? I ask, bcz we have a Solar heating system and our water ranges from 88-93 degrees; I will like to know if running this water trough the cell will affect its performance?

Don't think so. They work on hot tubs as well. They will turn off at low temperatures though (50-60).

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok; After following daily with Aquacomfort, they have determined that the problem I have is with the control box. They are willing to offer a replacement controller at a "discounted" price of $650.00. I am very unsatisfied with their customer service; it took me more than 2 months to get a replacement cell under warranty (I had to purchase a new one and they made a credit once they received the defective cell) now a little after two years of service they are not willing to honor the warranty becuase they don't give support to outside of the continental 48 states....

I paid $1600 for this system installed and only lasted 2yrs and 3 months...

I am wondering that due to the fact that the cell is practically new (1month old) if someone can advise a place that I can sell this to and at least minimize the impact in the purchase of a new salt system (it will not be Aquacomfort for sure :lol:

suggestions?

rodneygranell said:
I am wondering that due to the fact that the cell is practically new (1month old) if someone can advise a place that I can sell this to and at least minimize the impact in the purchase of a new salt system (it will not be Aquacomfort for sure :lol:

eBay is probably your best bet for selling the old cell.

I'm partial to AutoPilot products however we don't have distribution rights outside of the continental US. If you send me an e-mail I can forward your info to the proper contact within AutoPilot for international sales.

Thanks Josh,

That was my bad; when I had the pool built I was offered a "Salt" system... I am not aware were the installer got the Salt cell since he didn't provided documentation... now the pool builder went out of business... therefore I am more inclined in getting a new system since I think I am done dealing with Aquacomfort... no email responses, very poor customer support.

I am more inclined for a compupool system and just get rid of the old system....

Thanks for the advise, I will be posting in ebay the cell once I got the new system installed...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.