InGround Vinyl Pool Install in Winnipeg MB Canada - Advice

May 9, 2013
Winnipeg/Manitoba
I would really appreciate some advice.
How does the equipment look, should I upgrade to variable speed pump? Installer suggested Air Force heat pump over natural gas heater, but in our cooler climate I am not sure if they offer any efficiency over a high efficient Nat Gas heater?

Any changes clarification or suggestion

18x38 Bordeaux shape inground pool. Depth 3.5' to 8'.

INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:

- Permit & Engineered stamped drawings
- Excavation and removal of earth from site. Smooth out tracks/ruts left by machines
- 14 gauge Galvanized steel pool walls with clinch lock technology, extra vertical stiffeners, X-frames at each joint and deck supports are integrated with a minimum of 8" x 24" 25mpa concrete footing around entire pool perimeter with extra steel anchors at every wall joint for levelling and strengthening purposes.
- Full pattern 30 mil inground vinyl liner c/w 25 year limited warranty.
- 1 hp Pool Pump- Hayward Super 2
- Cartridge Filter - Hayward 425 sq ft
- 350,000 btu H350FDN Hayward Forced Air Electronic Ignition Natural Gas Heater

- Salt Chlorination System- Hayward Aqua-rite for pools up to 40,000 gallons or 160,000 litres

- Dual LED Multi colour lighting system with remote control
- Grey Aluminum single track 2 3/4" Coping
- Widemouth skimmer recirculation system (grey) Includes skimmer, 2 returns and dual main drains

- 8' Grey Granite Curved Roman walk in stairs with leg support kit
- Sump pit drainage system includes complete perimeter weeping tile and clean gravel backfill for superior drainage

- Two Tone Coloured Stamped Concrete Pool Deck. 700 sq.ft. quoted.
- 3 Grey Tread Stainless Steel Ladder and bronze deck cups

- Two large Rico Rock jump rocks. Value up to $1000.00
- Deluxe Maintenance Kit c/w vac pole, vac hose, vac head, thermometer, test kit, skimmer net and wall hooks

- 8" Concrete footing, sand & cement floor and all backfilling
- Concrete Equipment Pad
- Grey Granite S.R. Smith Typhoon slide w/ water connection
- All Piping, valves and fittings
- All electrical hook ups including bonding, materials and permits
- All gas hook ups, materials and permits
- Custom Sized HD Safety Cover by Covertech c/w 12 year warranty
- Fehrgard Solar cover and roller
- Trucked in water
- Two 5500 gallon loads
- Site clean up
- Initial pool clean up and balancing , Instruction

Options: - Hayward robotic cleaner- $900.00

Warranties/Guarantee's - All Hayward equipment is manufacturer warranty for 3 years. - All other equipment is one year unless otherwise stated in the quote

Thank you for the opportunity to quote

The Pool Co guarantee's it's workmanship for 3 years from commissioning of the pool. This does not include any damage due to acts of nature, neglect or any other damage caused by human error or wildlife.

Terms: 20% of total upon agreement, 40% upon delivery of pool kit and commencement installation, 30% upon installation of pool walls and braces, concrete footing, skimmer, returns, main drains, coping, floor, steps, liner, and water. Balance upon commissioning of the pool( Ready To Swim).

Re: InGround Vinyl Pool Install in Winnipeg MB Canada - Advi

No one does Poly Walls in my area. PB says that the 14 gauge galvanized steel pool walls are Salt Water OK! Says the materials are all designed to work with Salt water.

He is asking for the following Payment Schedule
20% Deposit
40% upon delivery of pool kit and commencement installation
30% upon installation of pool walls and braces, concrete footing, skimmer, returns, main drains, coping, floor, steps, liner, and water
10% Completetion, balancing, cleaning.. done.

My bank wants

10%
40%
25%
25%

Is this reasonable should I be pushing the PB for a better payment plan?

I did get him to upgrade the pump to the Hayward Ecostar 1 HP variable at no extra charge

Total including 700 sq ft of concrete is $58K

Price seems reasonable to me. In MN, I think a 20x40 ft. rectangular vinyl pool will cost about $45k with minimal decking. With yours being a special shape and having a large patio, the additional cost seems reasonable.

The only thing I would think about is an auto pool cover, even though it may ruin some of the aesthetic of your pool.

If he is reputable in your area and you know he does good work that little bit of difference I would not work about. A 10% difference on the front of back ends shouldn't matter. As far as price where I live and you live is probably totally different

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I just built south of Montreal. Pictures to come. But I was also assured by all three builders (three submissions) that steel walls are fine with salt. Caveat is it has to be well grounded. I ended up going with poly only because the option was free.

Your payment plan seems reasonable. Mine was like 50% on delivery, 20% once liner installed and last 30% when concrete sidewalk was poured. And I went with a reputable company, so I figured their payment plan was pretty standard.

I haven't swam in it yet, but I think SWG is the way to go. UV is great, but you don't need that kind of water purity. I saw the UV vs SWG like the DE filter vs cartridge filter. Did I really want to spent extra cash to get more pure water than I need? My answer was no, but I am far from being a pro...

One little thing, before you buy the robotic cleaner, check amazon.com for prices. The price you got quoted seems a little high, although you didn't include the model of your robotic cleaner.

Builder agreed to 10%, 40%, 25%, 25%.

We upgraded to a concrete coping over the grey aluminum, added the aquavac with caddy, and added two jamdy deck jets. Anyone have opinion on sr smith typhoon slide vs others?

Glad your builder agreed to the change, it's really better for you.

I imagine not every tiny detail is in your renderings, but, i have long steps like your updated deck design has, while they are fine for kids and young adults, my grandparents have to hug the sides where the handrails are. I don't see any handrails on either side of your set of steps, i would recommend them.

Have you considered putting a roof over the upper part of the deck?

Can anyone chime in on RICO ROCK... I have been trying to pick 3 boulders off their website catalog that will look good together (kinda fit into eachother) as we want to create an area for the kids to jump off and walk up on.

Does anyone have any recommendations that they have used looking for three rocks to sit side by side and offer differnt levels.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.