You guys have seen this before, Autopilot DIG-220 error msg

Jul 10, 2007
Ohio
My SWG is 5 ohio pool seasons old. Getting a variety of error messages this year since I opened the pool. I am getting the Purifier OFF! No flow. Also getting the Warning bad temp sensor and sometimes getting the add salt xxx lbs.

Flow is strong, clear valve seems to be working fine. Screen is clear. Removed tri-sensor, looks like new. Did not clean with acid solution yet. Salt cell looks great also. Read something about pushing the boost and recording the cell numbers. It says 0 volts and 11.4 amps, salt of 100 and temp 0. I think I have seen other numbers show as well(inconsistent results). Looking for advice on what to try, I read maybe tri-sensor or cable, or even worse.....

Thanks as always for your help,

Chuck

Re: You guys have seen this before, Autopilot DIG-220 error

Several of those symptoms suggest a bad connection somewhere between the control unit and the tri-sensor. I would disconnect and reconnect the tri-sensor cable at the control unit, and also follow the cable along to the tri-sensor and make sure it isn't cut or badly nicked anywhere along the cable. Most likely something will turn up when you do that, though there are some other less likely possibilities.

First, thanks for the response.... Cable has been disconnected and reconnected from both ends several times with no change in behavior. Cable physically appears ok. Is it possible to test the sensor or the cable to determine which is bad?

I used a mirror to inspect the pins, all is good. I read on a post about the wire maybe getting hot or something and a goo coming out? I don't recall seeing this on my cable before. Any thoughts on this? Also read about sensor being perfectly perpendicular, I thought that could be it since I remove the entire manifold and bring inside each winter, but that wasn't it either.

The cut in the plug is shallow, just cosmetic, definatley is not a problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 129

Ok, removed manifold for 3rd time, reconnected cable for 22nd time, and it decides to work???? We will see, sounds from other posts as it may be short lived but it will save me some bleach at least for awhile! I will update if it fails again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Ok, replaced cable and trisensor. Warning light is off but it is not producing chlorine. Test says salt at 2900, add 22 lbs. temp 84. Cell 0 volts 11.4 amps. Any ideas? I can't hear the fans running like I think I used to hear. It has been at 100% since I replaced 3 days ago.

What mode do you have the DIG-220 Pump Control setting set to? Also, is the pump run by the timer in the DIG-220, or do you have an external timer?

I can't get into the installer menu. Trying to hold select as manual say be it does not work. WhAt screen shoul I be on when doing that???? Also noticed it thinks I have sc-48 cell and I have sc-60.

chuck1971 said:
I can't get into the installer menu. Trying to hold select as manual say be it does not work. WhAt screen shoul I be on when doing that???? Also noticed it thinks I have sc-48 cell and I have sc-60.

The "SELECT" button needs to be held down for 13 seconds once "INSTALLER MENU" is displayed.

You will want to adjust the system to SC-60 once inside of the installer menu using the "Set Cell Type" menu.

Josh, thanks, not sure what I was doing wrong, but it worked this morning.

OK, I change the cell to sc-60. It still shows the same 0 volts, 11.4 amps. The pump config is set to Remote runs pump. I have no clue what it has always been set to. I have a 2 speed pump, that I run on low 24 hours a day, so I do not have any sort of timer attached to my system.

Change the setting to External Timer and it should start working. Remote Runs Pump is used when the DIG-220 is connected to an automation system, it waits for the automation system to tell it to turn on. No automation system is present, so it won't turn on.

You guys are awesome!!! Switched the pump setting and it started working. No idea how it got changed. I can here the fans running again... So, I did this last night. Checked it earlier today still good. just went out and it had the check/clean cell. did a Test system and it sowed 16v 3a. Turned off and on system. Check cell warning off for moment and says 26v 5.6a. Should i get numbers all over the board for the cell like that?

Chuck

it's important to press the BOOST button and let it run for at least 30 seconds before running the TEST POOL PILOT. The reason is that the cell takes a while for the power to ramp up to full output. If you run the test without the boost mode, it's possible to get readings as it's still ramping up, or not powered up a all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.