Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help from Pentair Superflo 1.5HP ( label ) owners

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help from Pentair Superflo 1.5HP ( label ) owners

Guys,

I need a visual help from those who owned a 1.5HP Pentair Superflo pump.
    I need to confirm its label as per the sticker on the motor itself.

The Pentair website is flawed :
    Superflo series electrical data

I want to know the Service Factor and RPM for the given label rating of 1.5HP.
    The website is confusing as you see, the Single Speed 1.5HP, 2 HP and 2.5HP data are wrong.

The 1.5HP is said to have 1.65 SF, but the SFHP Pentair term which is actually BHP is stated as 1.65 BHP
    The 2.0HP is stated to have 2.20 SF ( is there such a high SF ??? ), which means the SFHP should be 4.4 BHP but printed as 2.2 BHP/SFHP....wow this is wrong.
    The 2.5HP SF or SFHP doesnt make sense in anyway we see it.

Most grateful for the help.

SPP
    35,000 GL pool. In Ground. Concrete with all white ceramic tiles. Outdoor but shaded.
    Approx 36 ft by 15 feet. 2HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Sand Filter with Zelbrite ( Zeolite ), Hayward Cartridge Filter, Aquamatic Silver+Copper Ionizer ( suspended use since Oct 2008 ), Prozone Ozonator, 2 gram/hr, Analog Flowmeter on pipe

Back Up Pump & Filter on trolley, Pentair 1.5HP + Pentair Cartridge Filter, Slime Bag 1 micron Jumbo Size, downstream of Cartridge

2. Back To Top    #2
    I agree the table doesn't make any sense. I suspect that the SFHP column is correct and the SF column is wrong for the 1 1/2, 2, and 2 1/2 HP pumps.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes Jason the table is wrong and the 2.5HP one is probably wrong even for the SFHP. I am trying to reverse calculate my own Superflo of 1.5HP SF1.1 at 50hz ( 2,850 RPM ) based on USA version of 1.5HP 60hz 3,450 RPM. Thus I need to know the SF.

thanks
    SPP
    35,000 GL pool. In Ground. Concrete with all white ceramic tiles. Outdoor but shaded.
    Approx 36 ft by 15 feet. 2HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Sand Filter with Zelbrite ( Zeolite ), Hayward Cartridge Filter, Aquamatic Silver+Copper Ionizer ( suspended use since Oct 2008 ), Prozone Ozonator, 2 gram/hr, Analog Flowmeter on pipe

Back Up Pump & Filter on trolley, Pentair 1.5HP + Pentair Cartridge Filter, Slime Bag 1 micron Jumbo Size, downstream of Cartridge