THANKS IF YOU'RE NEW TO POOLS, TRUST THIS SITE

May 9, 2013
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I just wanted to say thanks to those here. I learned more in 3 hours than I did from two years of the pool store saying buy this and buy that. For over two weeks I have been trying to clear up a pool I neglected over the winter. It was my first winter with a pool and boy did I learn my lesson. After 20 lbs of shock and probably 20 large bottles of bleach I am finally almost there. Not once at the pool store did they tell me about holding a shock level and monitoring FC and CC. They say put this then put this then put this.

I just ordered the tf-100, my kit only test FC to 5ppm so last night I just made the tube get as dark as possible and held it there. For the first time I can see the bottom of the deep end. Still needs a little more clarity and am holding as high FC as I had last night until the test kit comes.

Learned from pool store last year (first year with a pool in my new home) to put a bag of shock once a week and after a swim party and that is the shocking process. Dang, I spent lots on that.

I am so excited to learn I can do this myself.

Thanks everyone.

I'll add sig stuff when I have a chance. :whoot: :whoot: :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.