Taylor Test Kit Expiration???

Apr 15, 2007
SE Florida
I posted in my inroduction that I had taken down my old pool in October 07. Prior to that, I was having problems with my above ground pool (AGP, right? Trying to get a hang of the lingo here)
Anyway, I had purchased a Taylor Complete Test kit......probably somewhere in August or September 07......
I have now set up another AGP and would like to know if the test kit solutions are still ok?
There are no expiration dates on te bottles themselves.....just lot numbers. How can I tell by the lot numbers if they are still OK to use?

Thanks a bunch!! (o:

Taylor says that the reagents are good for one year. If they are stored in a cool dark place they tend to last far longer. With proper storage, many people have continued to use their kits for two or three years without problems.

FWIW:

I ran into a problem with a Taylor reagent R-0002 that was not quite
a year old. When measuring chlorine it would not indicate over 1.5 ppm
no matter how high the chlorine level.

I would suggest using the small bottles of reagent and replacing them
at least once a year.

Cliff s

cliff_s said:
FWIW:

I ran into a problem with a Taylor reagent R-0002 that was not quite
a year old. When measuring chlorine it would not indicate over 1.5 ppm
no matter how high the chlorine level.

I would suggest using the small bottles of reagent and replacing them
at least once a year.

Cliff s
R-0002 is probably the least stable of the reagents, the biggest size available is 60 mL (up here anyways) . A good way to see if it's still good is to put a drop or two in the palm of your hand, the drops should be clear - any color, like pink or wine red - indicates a compromised reagent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.