Hose memory causing problems?

Feb 21, 2013
Pleasanton CA
Hi,

I have a Hayward Navigator Pro suction cleaner. I basically always leave it in the pool and never take it out. Recently I noticed it was not making it to the shallow portion of my pool. The cleaner appears to move at a good pace and appears to be moving in it's designed pattern - straight for a bit, then turns, then straight again, etc. The cleaner also appears to be properly climbing the walls (makes it about half way up).

I do notice that the hose tends to curl up, so when I straighten it out the cleaner then does reach the shallow portions. However, after a few cycles in the shallow portion the hose then curls back up again and the cleaner doesn't make it out of the deep portion. Has leaving my cleaner in the pool all the time caused the hose to develop memory, which is resulting in this behavior? Should I only be putting the cleaner in once or twice a week and then taking it out to store the hose straight the other times?

Thanks,
Steve

Take your hose out of the pool for a few days. Lay it out sorta stretched in a straight line in the sun for a few days. This will eliminate the memory issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.