Thanks and a Word of Encouragement

apwelb

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2011
Apple Valley, MN
I just wanted to thank this site and it's contributors for a great opening this season.

This is my third season and I have had the easiest start-up yet. I have been open less than 48 hours and my water is clear. It has been a strange "Spring" here in MN, and I decided to get a jump on things and open Tuesday afternoon. I think the fact my water temperature is low has helped me blast any algae that was in there, but I also contribute the fast start-up to having a good game plan, sticking to it and trusting the process.

Obviously, we nailed the closing this fall. We set ourselves up for success this Spring thanks to this site.

I was right there with a lot of you the first year. I opened up a green swamp and got "pool stored" for 2 weeks spending literally hundreds of dollars before I found this site.

Follow the directions on this site for your green swamp, stay the course and let the chemicals and filter do their work. You have to understand getting as much of the organics out as possible (yes, that means using your skimmer until you feel like your arms are going to fall off) and shocking until you have reached the criteria are the keys.

The information on this site is literally invaluable and I also want to give TFTestKits a mention. Their customer service is really exceptional and their stuff just flat out makes owning a pool so much easier and trouble free.

To those of you fighting your swamps, follow the instructions, stay on it, and keep the faith. It will work out.

Very nice post....Thank you.

The forum is full of members with a ton of knowledge and willing to help anyone who is willing to learn. There is no site as friendly and responsive as this one and a LOT of members work hard to keep it that way.

Thank you also for the very nice words about the kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.