Resizing pictures

Terry

Jul 8, 2008
Dallas, Tx
I just started a blog thread on the bicarb startup and have lots of pics to share, but they are all too high resolution. How can I downsize them with Windows 7? In XP I had a handy little right click tab that said resize. Not so on Windows 7.

I *know* you can link to a photobucket site, but never had one of those accounts.

Looking for the easiest/ quickest method here, so if there's way to resize would prefer that. If not, will probably need the for dummies version of how to link off site.

Thanks!

Terry said:
I just started a blog thread on the bicarb startup and have lots of pics to share, but they are all too high resolution. How can I downsize them with Windows 7? In XP I had a handy little right click tab that said resize. Not so on Windows 7.

I *know* you can link to a photobucket site, but never had one of those accounts.

Looking for the easiest/ quickest method here, so if there's way to resize would prefer that. If not, will probably need the for dummies version of how to link off site.

Thanks!

The easiest method to me IS setting up a photobucket account.

Failing that, perhaps searching for "Irfanview", installing that, and go to Image/resize-resample and decrease the size there. When you resize pictures, you drastically lose quality, but I'm sure you know that :)

I use a free program called pixresizer. If you use a hosting site and then later delete the pictures they aren't here anymore either. That could be good or bad depending on your point of view.

testing

DSCN3843_zps411fa9b8.jpg.html

ok, I've tried this 15 times, img, Img, IMG, just the link. What am I doing wrong?

You have to post the link to the picture itself ... not the web page. It needs to end in .jpg

Right click on the picture in the webpage and select copy image URL and paste that in the IMG tag.

ok, well, that posts a link to the album, but how do I insert an actual picture that shows up in the thread? And for the record, I'm researching this, but haven't found the answer yet.

DSCN3843_zps411fa9b8.jpg

I got it! Now if I can remember what I did...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.