Inground spa jets not flowing very well

May 9, 2013
We have an inground spa attached to the pool. Last year towards the end of summer we noticed the jets weren't working in the spa, or very very little. Didn't think much about it and shut it down for the winter. We got it all cleaned up a few wks back. I mentioned to Leslie's Pool they jets weren't working, and they said it would have to do with the filter, and once the DE filter was all cleaned up they'd work.
Well, cleaned up everything, filter running at it's good flow rate, and the jets are still not working. Not sure if this makes a difference, but when I turn the pump on to make the jets into a jacuzzi (where they bubble up) the jets work great. It's only when the pump is on for the normal cleaning they flow really really slow (I can feel a slight flow of water coming out), making the spa get dirty since no water is really flowing.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Welcome! :wave:

A picture or a diagram of your plumbing would be a good start. Is there any chance you have a three-way valve that splits the flow between the pool returns and the spa returns? There has to be something, or you'd be unable to heat the spa only. No chance someone moved the valve?

Here's pictures of the equipment. The spa/pool return is set about in the middle, maybe a little closer to spa.

I don't really remember what handle I'm supposed to turn when I want to heat only the spa, so if you'd tell me that would be great!

Let me know if you have any questions about the pics.

Attachments

• 20130509_100142.jpg
    20130509_100142.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20130509_100153.jpg
    20130509_100153.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 19
file.php

That picture shows the spa returns are almost completely shut off. Loosen the lock nut and move that handle to each extreme - pump off while moving it - and see what happens, just so you know. By the way, it looks like they installed that valve wrong. It would be possible -if the handle is installed at the normal orientation - to completely block the return and direct the spa return to the pool return, which is useless. The suction valve is installed properly.

You're awesome!! :goodjob: That's exactly what it was. I moved it around, and shifted it some more and they work just fine now!!

Thank you so much!

Now if you could answer my salt cell question in the other forum I'd be set! :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.