I "HATE" lovebug season!

So that's a skimmer sock. Do you leave it on 24/7? I don't think we get those bugs here in Austin, but I haven't been here a full season yet... it's the Oak pollen that fills my skimmer.

tcat said:
So that's a skimmer sock. Do you leave it on 24/7? I don't think we get those bugs here in Austin, but I haven't been here a full season yet... it's the Oak pollen that fills my skimmer.

Yes it's one I had. The wife's knee highs work also. I do leave it in the skimmer but I don't run the pump 24/7. They really help during yard work time also. I can't see the bumper on the truck because it's covered in dead bugs. Thank god dryer sheets.

We get them in May and September the little buggers will eat the paint right off your car! I went out riding (my Honda VTX) and didn't think about love bugs. I had bug parts in the vents on my helmet, wedged into the trim on the headlight (had use a toothpick to clean that !), they were imbedded into the nylon of my jacket. I had one hitch a ride inside my face shield!

I had no idea that they were so widespread. I thought Florida was the primary recipient of this semi-yearly treat! :shock:

re:. skimmer sock mentioned above

I tried a skimmer sock from the pool store, didn't like it. Went back to the gallon sized paint strainers (got that tip on this board) and I and my pump are happier. No sock at all turned out to be a mess too.

Re: I "HATE" lovebug season!

Tcat, that is exactly what I'm talking about. I got mine at HD or Lowes and I think there cost less than that and they last a long time. I've been using the same one for a year. The elastic gave up the ghost but I just wrap the top up and over the basket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.