Small Liner Drip...

Apr 22, 2013
I noticed today while working on my pool some water around one of the legs. I get to looking and all i could find was a small drip right where the floor meets the side. I wipe it and it comes right back. Any suggestions on the best way to tackle this??

Thankss!!! :cool:

Is this in intex style pool? If you know where the leak is, you can use the vinyl pool patch kits on the inside of the pool that can be purchased at places like walmart and pool stores. Seam leaks can be tricky to patch.

Yes its an intex ultra. Since i think i know where the leak is at could i try to patch it on the outside first. If worst comes to worst and i cant seem to patch it would you think this is something major that i need to worry about?

It sounds like your describing a hole in the seam. Lets hope its not the seam.

If its only 1 leg that you notice water around that should make it easier to track down the hole.

My wife and I have mastered finding holes in the intex pools.
If theres debris or particles of dirt/sand on the bottom use a brush or broom to clean small areas at a time, well looking for the hole.
Start where the leg is and work away from the leg looking for a pinhole. Also if you have a tarp under it look for a small dot of that color. It made it easier for us to find holes that way.
I have had a few intex pools and most if not all our holes where on the bottom outer edge a few inches in.

Edit: oh And I doubt its anything major to be worried about. Last year we had a hole right on the edge of the seam and the patch held all summer with 5-10 kids using the pool often.

-Thank you for the encouragement. I need it at this point. It seems we spent so much time prepping, trying to balance, and now I find a small leak. :shock:

-your leaks sound just like mine. It's really hard to call mine a leak its like a small drip and I see where the drip is when I lay and look a few inches under the pool. Would it not be a good idea to try and patch it from the outside? Or should I do it from the inside? What did you use to patch yours(glue/vinyl/ect). I'm paranoid that the drip will get bigger and bigger if I don't fix it properly.

-again thanks so much for the help!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.