Check System - Low Salt (Hayward PL-PS-8 & T-Cell-15)

thadius65

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
Bloomsburg, PA
I am going on year to of my IGP w/ SWG. Since starting the system up several weeks ago, I have been getting low salt readings on my PL-PS-8. It was reading between 2300 and 2800 PPM. So I took the T-Cell-15 off and cleaned with 4 parts water, 1 part muratic acid for 10 minutes. Rinsed and reinstalled. Initially I got my reading up to 3000, which is very close to my 3100 PPM I get with my Taylor salt test kit. But after 24 hours, it is once again reading 2300PPM. Water temp is 68F.

Diags read as follows: 27.21v -4.80A 2300PPM 65F

Any other suggestions? I realize that I could add more salt to get actual up to 3500 and probably stop the check system errors, but the reading is still going to be way off Taylor actual.

Thanks for your help!

Ted

Was there any visible calcium scale on the cell before you cleaned it? Calcium scaling shows up as a white chalky substance accumulating on the cell plates. If there was any scaling, please post a complete set of water test results.

My test results are as follows:

PH = 7.6
TC = 10
CC = 0
Salt = 3100ppm
TA = 70
CYA = 70
CH = 80
Borates = 60

I am going to add about 60lbs of salt tonight, but still there is a great discrepency between taylor kit and cell reading.

Thanks!

Ted

Re: Check System - Low Salt (Hayward PL-PS-8 & T-Cell-15)

Goldline suppory recommended trying something else. To install cell hump down if not. I did and reading came up to normal. I will monitor to see if this is long term or not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.