Second season, pH still going up

march2012

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 21, 2012
TX
So Im in my second season. My pool should be cured. But Im still using about 2 gallons of acid a month. This is a lot better than last year when I was using 16-32 ounces/day

We dont have any water features, but we do have a spa spill over that I barely have running, just enough to keep water flowing into/out of the spa. It doesnt really splash, but just keeps the tiles on the spillover wet.

There is a small air leak on the spa returns so a few bubbles come through

Some of the returns disturb the surface water, but no bubbles or anything, just surface swelling and swirling

Are these enough to cause pH to keep rising? Could it be anything else?

Everything you mentioned will contribute some, but the bigger question is: What is your TA? If that is high, then that will drive the pH up faster.

Then the question is what is the pH and TA of the water you use to top off the pool?

jblizzle said:
Everything you mentioned will contribute some, but the bigger question is: What is your TA? If that is high, then that will drive the pH up faster.

Then the question is what is the pH and TA of the water you use to top off the pool?

My TA is 60, TA of fill water is 170, pH 8.3

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.