Stenner Pump Mounting Location Options...

Mar 28, 2013
Phoenix, Az.
So on my new pool I am looking to install a Stenner pump. But I am torn how to mount it.

I live in Arizona, and our houses are generally all stucco. Under the stucco is foam, followed by 1/2" plywood. The thing I am worried about is installing it against the house and is possiability leaking at some point (and chlorine running along the stucco and wrecking it.

Any ideas of other ways to mount it? Flat Steel Stock? Drive a pressure treated pole into the ground next to the barrel maybe?

I agree - I wouldn't want to mount the thing where a split hose or a leaking fitting will create more problems.

I'd look for one of those T-shaped metal fence posts for wire fences just because they'd be easiest to drive into the ground with a sledge hammer. I'm not fond of shovels or post hole diggers myself. Just take care selecting the location so that you don't drive it right through your buried plumbing or electrical! Because then you'd be back to the shovel...

Maybe a board attached to the barrel with a couple of straps? I hate the digging too, even with a tractor mounted auger around here you have to pry out rocks occasionally to get a hole in the ground. Last time the auger tossed a softball sized rock 7' up into a pear tree.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.