Ultra Intex 14x42 pool
2650 intex sand filter/pump
Intex Salt Water chol gen
On a well for water

What I've decided:
Level ground
Use the pink foam under pool from suggestions

What I need:
Well I'd like to have step by step details on how to have everything successful from start to finish
I realize I'm asking a lot and that there wi be hiccups and bumps in getting the water staying clear and so forth. I'm currently reading in the pool school to gather any helpful knowledge. I want to have on hand any chemicals needed so we aren't running to a store constantly as we live in the country and it take 35 min to get to town. Our well isn't the greatest it may take a couple days to fill the pool. We are looking to start after May 18th. Anyone willing and able to get this newbie on the right track will be a hero!!

Step 1: Order one of the recommended test kits.
Step 2: Test your fill water, so you can determine what will need adjusting. You will certainly need to add CYA, and FC (until your SWG is working), and salt. You may need to adjust the pH initially. You can use the poolcalculator.com to determine how much of what you need to add.
Step 3: Keep reading Pool School.
Step 4: Have your fill water tested for metals. You may need to add a sequestrant if you have them in the fill water.

I will defer to others on the specifics of the actual installation.

Thanks you!

So ill get the test kit and just go ahead and test my water before I even start filling the pool! Based on text results I then go get what I will need on hand so that when the pool is full ill have what I need!! So smart thanks again!! I'm pretty confident on setting up the pool just not so confident in the water balance part. I've read so many posts on green water cloudy water etc that I'm already getting stressed about it before I even have the pool up!!

The water management part will be simple if you are prepared in advance. People get into trouble when they make no plans and their pool turns green 24 hours before the party and they are clueless.

Planning ahead like you are doing will eliminate that.

Lesroe said:
What I have:
Ultra Intex 14x42 pool
2650 intex sand filter/pump
Intex Salt Water chol gen
On a well for water

What I've decided:
Level ground
Use the pink foam under pool from suggestions

What I need:
Well I'd like to have step by step details on how to have everything successful from start to finish
I realize I'm asking a lot and that there wi be hiccups and bumps in getting the water staying clear and so forth. I'm currently reading in the pool school to gather any helpful knowledge. I want to have on hand any chemicals needed so we aren't running to a store constantly as we live in the country and it take 35 min to get to town. Our well isn't the greatest it may take a couple days to fill the pool. We are looking to start after May 18th. Anyone willing and able to get this newbie on the right track will be a hero!!

I know I'm late, been busy and just opened my pool this past weekend, but wanted to say that our setups are very similar. (I have the 15x48 Intex on well water). I originally planned on an bought the Intex SWG as well but our well has to many minerals in it to run it. I would recommend that you have your water tested prior to setting everything up. The SWG is very sensitive to mineral content in the water, My cell is completely plugged and water flow through the unit is restricted by almost 50% after just 24 hours of use. I had to remove it and switch to using bleach for FC. I wish I had known prior to buying and setting everything up how well water that is less than optimal can dramatically affect it's performance.

Good luck and welcome!

@ rclifton:
I find this hard to believe. If the pH is maintained correctly, you should not be getting that build-up. Start a new thread and post up your test results if you would like some help.

You pretty much have the plan from the Intex manual. That said, glad you got your site level....that is the key to the whole thing in my opinion. Absolutely BEFORE you even get anything out know what quality your fill water is. As said above, if you have alot of minerals, you will have to post back and the pro's can help you through it. Have all those chemicals on hand so you can put them in as you fill the pool.

If you have soft ground, you may want to consider putting a paver under each leg for support. I use the rigid foam "R" board for my base under my Intex pool. Your pink stuff should be good too.

Let us know how things go.

Bob E.

jblizzle said:
@ rclifton:
I find this hard to believe. If the pH is maintained correctly, you should not be getting that build-up. Start a new thread and post up your test results if you would like some help.

Hi,

I don't want to hi-jack this thread either. If you're interested you can find my post from last year discussing this issue here yet-another-newb-with-a-new-pool-questions-and-pics-inside-t47353.html with pics.

I think the consensus was because of high TA and CH running a SWG would take a considerable amount of work if it was possible at all. As an example my CSI numbers run 1.3 to 1.5!!!

rclifton said:
jblizzle said:
@ rclifton:

Hi,

I don't want to hi-jack this thread either. If you're interested you can find my post from last year discussing this issue here yet-another-newb-with-a-new-pool-questions-and-pics-inside-t47353.html with pics.

I think the consensus was because of high TA and CH running a SWG would take a considerable amount of work if it was possible at all. As an example my CSI numbers run 1.3 to 1.5!!!

In that thread I never saw a consensus, but you do have high TA and CH and metals. Calcium scaling would not be squishy either. But, having the high CSI (why not lower the pH?) is very rare and not an issue for most people.

So far it has been working fine with no build up showing. Ill be testing the chemistry tomorrow and post my numbers if I can figure it all out as I've never done this before :)

I have a few friends around here that use SWG on well water and haven't had any problems yet.

Just curious about the wait to swim time after adding certain chemicals. Like CYA I know is dissolves slowly but if all the numbers are good when can we swim (kids driving us nuts lol)

I'm sure ill be asking many more questions about chemicals soon since I'm testing tomorrow!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.